Pages

Saturday, 20 December 2014

Move out of my parents'...again! - 4/30 DONE!

Ohhhhh it's been manic, but I've done it. I've moved to the city that for years I was convinced I'd never want to live. London!
When I applied for the job that brought me here I was feeling extremely adventurous and happy-go-lucky...and the more trips I made to London during the recruitment process the more confident I became about spending time here and ultimately living here. And I realised I've actually got quite a good social circle in London, something that in my line of work you need. Well I think it's fair to say you need it in any line of work; that was something that was missing towards the end of my previous career and as I became more miserable in my work life I lacked people to turn to over a pot of tea or bottle of wine. Ultimatey I think that the lack of support I had around me just amplified the misery I was experiencing at work. Looking back maybe it was for the best, after all, if my work related misery had been subdued then I may have stayed there longer and my life wouldn't be as exciting as it is today! 
Anyway, I digress! I've moved out of my parents house (again), left my home town (again) and moved to The Big Smoke!
I'm currently in staff accommodation just while I find my feet and while it's almost like being back in halls (less parties I'm glad to report) it's OK for now. My room is spacious enough for everything I crammed into the car but the facilities are really basic, to my horror there's no wifi and haven't even got a signal from the likes of BT or O2 cloud...at times I do wonder if I'm a really in London! But I'll be moving again so it's fine for now.
The task was to move out of my parents' house and while I've achieved that I've not found a home yet...but that will be rectified in the next month or two :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You have come a long way. I finally did do a painting of mother and child and thought of your request on my blog. It's on page "Canvas Paintings" at the bottom. Enjoy.

    Good luck to you in your new job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the comment. Unfortunately it wasn't me who made a comment on your blog, but I must say your art work is amazing and the painting of mother and child is beautiful!

      Delete