Not only was this in itself a fun and exciting task, it was even more exciting that it was for one of my favourite programmes and it all just fell into place. I found a website where you could apply for audience tickets, I applied for a few shows and thought it wouldn't amount to anything but a few days later I got an email containing 2 e-tickets for 'The Last Leg' on channel 4. Whoop!!!
The Last Leg is a comedy panel show with three anchor comedians, Adam Hills, Alex Brooker and Josh Widdicombe, and 1 special guest each week. However we were lucky, we had David Mitchell as the official special guest and a little cameo by Jonathan Ross for a special rant! It's generally quite satirical as they discuss current events with features like 'The Bullshit Buzzer'.
Being in the audience was actually quite surreal. At times I found myself thinking more about how weird it was than actually paying attention to the show. And an occasional camera in the face made me quite self conscious and losing focus. And it felt a lot more quick paced than it does on TV. Granted we'd been there a while but when my friend and I watched the show back (yes we'd both recorded it) both of us had totally forgotten about some of the material and topics of discussion at the beginning of the show because it just seemed as though it had happened forever ago!
Never the less it was a very fun way to spend a Friday night, another huge perk of living in London and it was free! Highly recommend applying for TV audience tickets.
No comments:
Post a Comment