Pages

Thursday, 23 October 2014

Start and maintain a skincare regime

This probably seems a bit of a pathetic one, or at least a very girly one. Let's face it - no pun intended - it is a very girly thing. But a couple of my tasks/challenges are about looking after myself a bit better. I've always washed, removed make-up, dabbed on some moisturiser and put on the occasional face mask but that's it. So I decided my face needs a bit more TLC as my biggest organ ages more visibly than any of the others!
To celebrate my 30th birthday me and 7 of my favourite girls went for a short spa break at The Woodland Spa in Burnley and had a divine time with lots of sparkling drinks, cocktails, great food and an amazing day recovering in the spa...with a few more cocktails and glasses of Prosecco. I had an amazing hot stone massage and facial. To my surprise the beautician told me my skin was dehydrated, on reflection this may have been a result of the excessive alcohol consumed that week but I had always thought my skin was very dry. Anyway, leaving the spa my face felt as soft as a peach and virtually flawless - despite being hungover!
So that was when I decided I had to start putting my self-care intentions into practice. To be honest I'm not going to bore you with the science or attempt to advise on what brands are better etc. So in a nutshell I love Lush and Body Shop both for their ethical stances and their products and I own a wide selection from both brands. I particularly love the Body Shop's vitamin E range...I popped in, discussed my skin with a sales advisor and purchased the cleanser, toner and moisturising sorbet - the latter being a definite new favourite of mine, it's fabulous!
And I started using them daily and still am! Well almost! It's strange but cleansing, toning and moisturising is quite a commitment, which was unexpected and a wee bit time consuming. But I've actually found I enjoy it, it's almost like a little daily pampering session and thus far, my skin is in bloody good condition.
I read that if you perform an action on 21 consecutive days then that's when it becomes part of your routine. A habit. So this is one challenge that I think is safe to say is embedded in my life, it's now a firm part of my routine in the evening. My skin feels and looks better, well to me it does, which in turn makes me smile and ultimately I feel better about myself, a little less self conscious and a little more confident. Crazy, in an attempt to reduce blotches and blemishes I've improved my self confidence. That's a good thing, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment