Pages

Sunday, 26 October 2014

The spinster!

This tweet came up on my twitter feed and really made me laugh. 

The town I live in is almost 10 years behind the times! I tell people I don't have kids and their response is either of surprise or "Oh, I'm sorry." I don't need an apology or the tone of pity in your voice, my baby-maker isn't broken...well I've no indication to make me think it is. I was once told by a midwife I know that it's easy enough, I don't need a man in my life but I should crack on and get my head out of the clouds waiting for love! This was a rare occasion I found myself speechless. 

I've been asked so many times why am I still single, don't I want a family, am I the other way inclined?! My answers are I don't know, yes, no but why does it matter?! 

As Kelly's tweet suggests, times have changed and in most forward thinking places it's perfectly acceptable to be 30, career focused but still want a family. Just as it's equally as acceptable to be settled and secure with family life.  Whatever you choose just make sure you're happy! 

P.S. Happy 30th Birthday Kelly Osbourne 🎂🎁🎉, welcome to the club, it's pretty cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment